Room 1.1/2 IMDEA Networks Institute, Avda. del Mar Mediterráneo 22, 28918 Leganés – Madrid
IMDEA Networks Institute annually holds a by-invitation-only thematic workshop in Madrid. The workshop accompanies a meeting of our Scientific Council comprised of prominent researchers. In addition to talks by Scientific Council members and Faculty Members, the workshop includes two brainstorm sessions in further SDN/NFV networking and extremely high mobility. The goal of the 2018 event is to foster discussion and present disruptive visions on a critical aspect of future wired and wireless networks. The workshop program is aimed at presenting recent research results from participants, debate on and identify priorities and challenges in the research agenda, as well as exploring new paths towards making future networks a true commodity for the needs of society.
- 14:30-14:35 | Introduction and welcome:
- 14:35-15:15 | Keynote by Jon Crowcroft (Topic: AI on the network edge )
- 15:15-16:00 | Three presentations by the research line leaders
- 16:00-16:30 | Poster session/tea break
- 16:30-17-30 | Presentations by group leaders and members of the research council (part 1)
- 9:00-9:30 | Reception (Poster and demo session)
- 9:30-11:30 | Presentations by group leaders and members of the research council (part 2)
- 11:30-11:45 | Poster/session/tea break
11:45-13:00 | Discussion/brainstorms
- Title: SDN/NFV is a revolution, an incremental step, or just a marketing hype. What is next? SDN revisits relationships between network hardware and software controlling it through programming abstractions. In this discussion we will critically look over the current developments in SDN, its history and will try to predict/suggest what is actually missing in the near further.
- Extremely High Mobility. Technology trends such as drones or automated and connected vehicles increasingly generate network load while actively in motion. On the flip side, they also offer new opportunities for exploiting moving network infrastructure.
Please note: Attendance is by invitation only
Scientific posters authored by PhD Students and Internship Students from IMDEA Networks will be exhibited during the workshop.
|“A Protocol-Ignorance Perspective on Incremental Deployability of Routing Protocols”||Vadim Kirilin||Sergey Gorinsky, IMDEA Networks|
|"New insights on infrastructureless communications”||Noelia Pérez Palma||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"Optimization of coordinated mmWave relays”||Edgar Arribas||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"On the characterization of the workloads of virtual machines”||Constantine Ayimba||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"Stochastic geometry applied to mmWave link performance evaluation”||Amr AbdelKhalek Abdelnabi||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"Experimental performance evaluation of video applications with MONROE”||Mohamed Moulay||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"An Analysis of Pre-installed Android Software”||Julien Gamba||Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, IMDEA Network|
|TBD||Álvaro Feal||Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, IMDEA Networks|
|Not All Apps Are Created Equal: Analysis of Spatiotemporal Heterogeneity in Nationwide Mobile Service Usage"||Cristina Márquez||Albert Banchs, IMDEA Networks & UC3M|
|TBD||Joan Palacios||Joerg Widmer, IMDEA Networks|
|TBD||Hany Assasa||Joerg Widmer, IMDEA Networks|
|“Small UAVs use cases for the near future”||Víctor Sánchez Agüero||Francisco Valera, UC3M|
|TBD||Haftay Abreha||Arturo Azcorra, IMDEA Networks & UC3M|
|"Analysing Gender Inequality Through Large-scale Facebook Advertising Data"||Yonas Mitike Casa||Rubén Cuevas, UC3M|
|"Student’s performance prediction by working environment monitoring"||Lucía Uguina||Carlos Delgado Kloos, UC3M|
|"Multi-domain VNF mapping algorithms"||Jorge Martín Pérez||Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano, UC3M|