The Networks and Communication Technologies (NETCOM) research group of the University Carlos III of Madrid offers fully funded PhD positions for several topics in the areas of connectivity management and wireless communications for extremely dense environments,cloud-based network management, cloud-based radio access networks, future architectures and social-aware networks.
Our Research Assistant positions offer young, aspiring researchers a salaried position in our research team. Candidates offered a position as NETCOM Teaching Assistants will have been pre-vetted and conditionally accepted for a place on the Ph.D. program at the University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M).
Graduates applying for this position should have the following attributes:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Telematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field**
- Excellent academic transcripts
- Clearly defined Statement of Purpose for Ph.D. research thesis
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Highly motivated
- Students who obtained their degree (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent) in a higher education system NOT subject to the Bologna Process are strongly advised to provide their GRE scores on the online application form.
**An offer of a Research Assistant position implies your acceptance to the UC3M Ph.D. program.
Successful candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
- Freedom to focus on your research work, with full administrative support
- Collaboration with leading experts on international research projects
- Supervision throughout your Ph.D. by one of our world-renowned and award-winning researchers from NETCOM.
- Use of state-of-the-art resources and facilities
- Collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- Participation at international conferences and project meetings
- Assistance with all aspects of immigration and relocation
- Support to take innovations to market
- Salaried position for up to 5 years***
- Access to comprehensive healthcare
- Total combined value of financial package of more than 150,000 Euros over five years
- More information about the University Carlos III of Madrid Ph.D. program
*** UC3M Admission levels:
We finance Teaching Assistant’s Ph.D. studies for between 4 and 5 years. You will be funded for up to 5 years if you are admitted to the 1st year of UC3M Masters Program, and up to 4 years otherwise.
Yr 1 Masters Program: Funding up to 5 years| Yr 2 Masters Program: Funding up to 4 years
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this unique Ph.D. opportunity please follow these instructions:
- Download the Research Assistant Application Form and review the data required to complete it.
- Complete the Application Form and attach your CV before sending your application to us by the closing date of the call, ensuring that you have included the following:
- Completed Research Assistant Application Form (please use the filename: APPFORM_YOURNAME.pdf)
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the filename: CV_YOURNAME.pdf)
- Send the documents to applications.netcomadm.it.uc3m.es (Candidates would be well advised to submit their applications for evaluation at the earliest opportunity ahead of the deadline)
Statement of Purpose Guidelines
In your Statement of Purpose please describe your background, what has influenced your career path so far and your professional interests. Explain broadly what you want to research. This is an essential part of the application. More significantly, it is an opportunity to ask yourself important questions regarding your commitment to such a demanding challenge (2200 characters maximum):
Other documents we will require
If you are successful in your initial application we will require official translations of your academic transcripts to be provided at a later date, if they are not already in English. We may also require an English and/or Spanish language proficiency certificate.